Overhead Gantry Crane
The Overhead Gantry Crane training course (often referred to as an OHC), will give you the skills needed to be a safe and efficient pendant-controlled and remote-controlled gantry crane operator.
To find our accredited overhead gantry crane centres enter your postcode, or if you are outside the UK, tick the box to see a list of our international training providers.
The course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Machine controls and instruments
• Set up for lifting operations
• Basic operations (raising, lowering, slewing)
• Preparing and securing for travel
• Lifting and placing loads at various levels
• Selection and use of attachments
• Load weight assessment
• The principles of safe operation
Course Durations (for four people):
- Novice candidate: 7.5 hours
• Refresher (recommended every three years) candidate: 6.25 hours