All drivers within the scope of the Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (Driver Training) Regulations 1996 must be trained and hold an ADR Vocational Training Licence issued by SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority.) This is required by UK regulations implementing the relevant EU directive: “Accord Européen Relatif au Transport International des Marchandises Dangereuses par Route“.
Highland Training Solutions ADR Training courses are approved by the Department for Transport and provide drivers with the knowledge they need to be aware of the hazards inherent in carrying dangerous goods and how to protect themselves and those around them.
This course is suitable for both initial ADR candidates and those renewing their ADR qualification.
Benefits of Attending:
- Informs drivers of the legal requirements regarding the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Candidates will sit the ADR examinations during the 5 day Initial and 3 day Refresher course.
The Course Includes 28 hours towards on a 5 day Initial and 14 hours on the Refresher towards the 35 hours of required Driver CPC periodic training.
- Bulk and Packages
- Class 2 – Flammable and non-flammable gases
- Class 3 – Flammable liquids
- Class 4 – Flammable substances
- Class 5 – Oxidising agents/organic peroxides
- Class 6 – Toxic and infectious substances
- Class 8 – Corrosives
- Class 9 – Miscellaneous substances
5 Days Initial (up to 28 hours towards Driver CPC for additional fee)
3 days Refresher (up to 14 hours towards Driver CPC for additional fee)
Time spent attending the ADR Training course will count as duty time under Driver Hours Law Regulations 561/2006.
We offer both initial and refresher ADR courses with ADR hazardous goods training covering Core, Tanks, Bulk and Packages and Classes 2,3,4,5,6,8 & 9 in both Tanks and/or Packages. Candidates can select individual classes if required (please call for more information and price). Driver CPC hours can be included.